Share your worldbuilding knowledge
The Weeknight Writers group is hosting its second virtual event! This time, we’ll be hosting a one-day worldbuilding conference on February 20th, 2021.
The event will feature seven panels:
- Building Fictional Religions: Mythology and Religious Rituals
- Accessibility in Worldbuilding: Understanding How Disabled People Move Through Your World
- Hard vs Soft vs Hybrid: Creating Interesting and Effective Magic Systems
- Elections vs Thrones: Writing Power, Class and Government in Speculative Fiction
- We Don’t Take Imperial Credits: Developing Economics, Currency, and Trade in Speculative Fiction
- Conlang Development: Enriching Your Storytelling with New Words
All panels will be conducted on Zoom. This event is Pay What You Can, with proceeds going directly into equipment and marketing costs for future events.
Who can be a panelist?
Anyone who a) loves science fiction and fantasy and b) feels like they have something important to say on one of these subjects can apply! You do not need to be a published author.
Please note that priority will be given to BIPOC panelists.
How to apply
To become a panelist, apply using this form before January 25, 2021.